Monday 23 January 2012

Celestial Fulcrum, Blog 4.

Well, I got it on the table today. I was quite pleased with it, but first off...

I got hold of some gloss varnish and got busy. The only job left to get the thing done and dusted would be the runes, but that is one ballache (hehe, I made a funny) of a job.

Ok, today I was running:

eKrueger, Woldguardian, Woldwarden, Megalith, Druids w/Overseer, Shifting Stones w/Stonekeeper, Woldstalkers and the Celestial Fulcrum.

First off was against eNemo and a very lightning immune list. All told not very dramatic game, I trashed thunderhead in my first turn by fishing it forwards and wailing on it with a woldguardian. Seriously this guy has been working wonders as my beatstick. The fulcrum took to a hill (before I realised battle engines don't get elevation defence against ranged attacks and that it didn't matter as all his ranged attacks were electrical anyway) and blasted some stormguard to bits. Nemo ended up get Gallows'd out and beaten to death by megalith. Not very exciting game but a nice intro for the fulcrum.

The second game was against Khador, eSorcha to be more accurate. With a list that to me reads like a greatest hits. 2 Spriggans, full winterguard w/2 rockets, full nyss hunters w/valachev, great bears, eEyriss, kovnik joe and finally aiyana and holt.

We played a scenario that involved holding an area in the opponents half while our caster was in one of the zones, apparently we needed 3 points to win so I took that to mean no scenario was being used. I got second turn, which apparently means that these days I get a 3" deployment advantage as he was deployed at 7".

So, I predeployed my Fulcrum to shuffle up and blast any fools coming for my zone, I wasn't gonna give the game away. The his nyss took my left, winterguard right, with great bears following up the nyss and joe following the winterguard. Spriggans were very central with sorcha and aiyana and holt keeping her company. Eyriss went out on my far left. I stuck my battlegroup all together over near the nyss and just to the left of my fulcrum, woldstalkers took the right hand side of it and the druids AD'd in front with the shifters in front of the battlegroup.

Standard first turns, fair bit of running involved. Ironflesh went on the Winterguard who also got tough and fearless, sorcha went and stood behind a wall where she cowered all game. I did the same, lot of running, the druids made some clouds and such and the fulcrum used flame blast to help them out in that job dropping a cloud into no mans land. Krueger put up Stormwall and did a bit of micromanaging with telekenisis. Getting all 3 heavies into my shifting triangle.
Turn 2 saw the first casualties. I lost most of my woldstalkers to crazy all boosty sprays along with a few druids, I always underestimate that range, oh well. spriggans moved up and were afraid to shoot any grenades off thanks to stormwall threatening to both make them range 5 and deviate onto his troops. The nyss did a few CRA's but did nothing overly offensive, again, thanks to stormwall. Iron flesh then went over onto the nyss...def18 is just wrong. Oh well we can work around that. My go, druids are up, they pull one of the spriggans into contact with 2 winterguard and try and kill a few other winterguard with forcebolts, I forget if they did well or not, Fulcrum next who popped a flameblast into said spriggan, doing a bit of damage and burning the 2 winterguard, the a compleatly innefectual spray followed by lightning killing a few more winterguard. The surviving stoneward charged another winterguard and cracked his head open. Megalith put up undergrowth and trampled through a few nyss, killing none as was expected but he was in place, he then tried a gallows at one of the greatbears did 4 damage and pulled him closer...uh oh, thats not where you want a great bear. The stones ported the guardian over to valachev who got smushed and the beatback put me in range of another nyss who shockingly also got smushed. the Warden wandered over and geomancied a lightning storm into two nyss faces at point blank. Krueger wandered up, Stormwall went up again and a lightning storm into Megaliths back ended 2 more nyss. It was also Feat time, Giving the opponent a headache.
Turn 3, I lost the fulcrum to some winterguard. It was a sad time. The rest was a few moves, the greatbears took a chunk out of the guardian, but it was the first time I've ever seen them not kill something, so I was impressed. the Nyss took a small CRA at Krueger who laughed it off. Cyleena, was out of range thanks to stormwall. The spriggans moved up to threaten next turn. All told not very productive, I think this was going to be his big charge turn but my feat put an end to that one. Still, I was in a bad spot, I'd killed a lot of troops but I had started to overextend. That and Sorcha sitting on a feat and 2 Spriggans tends to hurt, so when my turn came round I decided...Balls to the Wall. Megalith trampled up, geomancy to get Sorcha out from behind her damn wall. Missed, oh no, second shot was the Warden, who got ported over by the shifters and gallows'd her out, the guardian went after a few great bears to have his vengance and even missing his spirit managed to bag two of them. Krueger went in, Lightning Bolt hit with a boost, sustained attack for 3 boosted pow12's. Game over. Balls to the Wall is how Krueger rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment