So, I had Woldwarden number 3 sitting in his box for going on 5 months, waiting a repose to make him unique and this morning I decided to crack him out and get on with the job. Now I really think the Woldwarden has a goofy pose, the second one I put together I put a santa hat on to make it a little more tongue in cheek. Still that didn't take away from the fact that he leans far too far forwards and those arms...what is he actually doing?
Now I got really into my work and forgot to take WIP shots, I did finish it in about an hour so can you forgive me?
Anyway, I started by straightening the left leg and sticking it to the base. I use activator to make it all quicker, I then sawed off the peg on the right foot so it can sit flat. Now these didn't alight properly but thats alright because greenstuff is a wonderous substance. I put a small amount on to help fill it while I glued the legs together.
This was far more upright but still putting the body on flat would have had him leaning forwards. So I tilted him back a bit on his hips and rammed greenstuff into his bowls. After a bit of shaping it looks like it is supposed to be there and he looks like he is standing proud. Score!
Second problem, the silly arm. I simply sawed it off at the joint, drilled holes into it, put a paperclip into it and span it around. Oh and a bit of greenstuff to fill in the gap that appeared.
Anyway, all told just over an hour. I got a new Woldwarden I am happy to put on the table.
A side by side, the old clearly drawing attention to the new superior pose. I call him wold 2.0 and I have untill midday tomorrow to get a paintjob on him. After that I am back to work again and don't know when I'll next have the time and drive to pick up my brush. I think I can do it.