Thursday 20 October 2011

It's about to hit the fan.

Well, second post in and heres a quick selection of photos for my 35pts Baldur 'Rock of Orboros' theme force that I'm taking to Fanboy3 this weekend for the tournament there.

The list is...(if you can't tell from the pictures, although yes I know they are bad lol)
Baldur +6pts
Woldwatcher -5pts
Woldwarden -9pts
Megalith -11pts
Druids of Orboros w/Overseer -9pts
Shifting Stones -2pts
Sentry Stone -3pts
Blackclad Wayfarer -2pts







Not too bad looking, I have found to be quite nastily outnumbered when playing this, but the reason I'm going for it is the rediculious amount of advanced deployment. Everything bar Baldur and the Wayfarer are setting up at the 16" mark and the Sentry Stone is going right up to the 20". This is just deployment, Giving me a nice edge on the land grab scenarios. Anyway, a quick rundown on my choices for this one;

Baldur - my weakest Warlock by far. I don't know why but he's never clicked for me. So naturally I'm going to take him to a tournament right? Well yeah why not, he exerts a massive amount of control between his feat and rapid growth. He has nice defensive tech in solid ground and stone skin and his earthspikes spell is just icing, yes it's Fury3 for an AOE3 (which is a bit small by todays standards) but it ignores a good few common defensive buffs and being Fury3 means it can be happily geomancied.

Woldwatcher - much maligned as a light warbeast, it's only Fury2 so isnt very useful for it's high cost of 5pts, so how do I justify it? Well twofold, fertalizer on it's ranged attack and sheild guard. Meaning I can create more forests for Baldur to teleport to and keep him protected from big ranged threats.

The big Wolds - I doubt I have to justify them, it's all theme allows and they work well with the Stonecleaver. Between Geomancy, free charges and the ability to heal them Wolds and Baldur go together.The animi are just gravy, Megaliths is yet more control and Woldwardens give me a forest which I can drop at Baldurs feet. 

Druids - between countermagic and forcebolt these guys further my control theme, push people off objectives, feat and keep them off. Win. The Overseer is included to give them AD, a few immunities, a nasty ranged spell and most important an extra inch on counter magic.

Shifting Stones - teleporty goodness, do I need to say more? Ok between that, healing consructs and keeping fury down on them they make the list. They always make the list though. They are awesome.

Sentry Stone - christ, this one is a hard one to swallow, 3pts for something that can make a few forests now and again? Ok it works with Baldur as it gives a forest walk avenue, and his theme gives AD to beasts if I have one in. It makes the grade, I'm still not 100% sold on it mind.

Blackclad Wayfarer - Wolds are slow, Hunters Mark adds +2 to charges. +2 is always good so he usually makes all my lists, in this list though he's pulling double duty as an accurate spray. My anti infantry is quite low. Hell my anti armour is quite low...I'm not gonna be killing much it would seem.


Well, I've a list and a plan. Will it work? Only time will tell. I'm going in, with my weakest Warlock. What shall happen? Well, I'll likely crash and burn...till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment