Tuesday 27 March 2012

3rd place

Well, this weekends tournament went well enough. I took 3rd place behind Legion and Trolls. I call that a victory right? I didn't end up taking Wake of Destruction. Instead opting for a more conventional eKrueger list. I'd basically only managed 1 practise game with the list and deemed myself unready with it.

The first game was against what was to be the guy who came first. He took Seryn, me eKrueger. The key moments...He charged a Gallows Grove and killed it with an Angelius. Then used It's animus to push a Feral out of the control zone to score. He then Feated so I couldn't kill it or any of his other beasties. My turn came round I feated back at him, used a few of Kruegers other tricks (basically Telekenisis lol) to secure both of the zones and score 2. I Telekenisis'd his Scythean (which had run right at me) round and 2" away. It was now 8" away from Krueger with it's back to me and a -2spd debuff...I thought I was safe. All set to score in either zone next turn and take the win. Along comes a Seraph and the Scythean is looking right at me and 2" closer again. Oops.

Second game, eKaya and Siege. I got first. Put up shadowpack and went forwards. He moved siege to take a potshot at the Stalker after a Magesight. He didn't kill it and 14" away from a Stalker with eKaya and some Druids is not a healty place to be. Game ended on my second turn as he put nothing of note between Captian Slashy and Siege. We even had time to play a second game just for the funsies.

3rd Game was against eButcher and I switched back to eKrueger. He put on the pressure but between Kruegers feat netting me 2 control points again and the Woldguardian wandering about smashing faces in he never had a chance to stop me netting the 3rd to take the win via scenario...which is good as nobody can kill Butcher. Thats a fact. It's practically in the rules.

4th game was against my friend Scott. Who despite a rather long break away was taking some names with Vyros and Rahn. I got Vyros for our game. I took Krueger again. The scenario was a funny one with an interactive objective flag thing in the middle of a zone. If the 'Caster/'Lock was in B2B with the flag there was some paltry benafit. I ignored it and left some Shifting Stones holding mine. Backed up by the Lord of the Feast. 'Cause you know...he kills stuff that comes near. Kreuger went for the throat with his battlegroup. He moved Vyros into contact with his objective, I teleported a Woldguardian with my second set of Shifters at him after some really lucky Force Bolts dropped the Sentinals in the way. Then Krueger did his thing and set up a nice direct path for my Feral to get in and finish the job. Second turn victory...again. And I even scored a control point because apparently I only needed to hold my flag and contest his zone. Gravy!

All told a good day out. I ended 3 of the games I played before any of the other tables. Which seems to be my thing. Met some good guys and had a blast playing with ma Forest Mans.

Oh, as a note. I was nearly entirely painted. I had only my Skinwalkers to finish. Oh well, nearly. One day soon I'll take a pair of lists and they'll BOTH be funny painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment